I LOVE Mexican street corn – but I made this version off the cob so it’s easier to eat and you can put it on tacos, chicken, pork, fish… anything really! In a salad even! Delicious and EASY to make.
- 2 bags frozen corn OR 8 ears fresh corn (cooked and kernels removed)
- 1 jalepeno, diced small
- 1 pablano pepper, diced small
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- dash cayenne pepper (optional for spice)
- Sir Kensington’s Mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco
- fresh cilantro
- Add about 2 Tablespoons of butter to a skillet or cast iron skillet.
- Add corn, diced jalepeno and poblano peppers and let cook until it becomes charred and browned – you’ll have to let it sit and cook – then stir occasionally! It takes a bit to get the frozen corn nicely charred the way you want it. Be patient 🙂
- Once the corn is nicely browned, add 1 more Tablespoon of butter, lime juice, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt & pepper to taste.
- Cook for about 5 more minutes and stir to incorporate.
- Add 3 Tablespoons Mayonnaise and mix.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and add queso fresco cheese and fresh cilantro.