These are the cutest little loaves… perfect for Easter! They’re topped with my favorite cream cheese icing and lots of it. You could also make these into cupcakes or a full loaf.
To see my youtube video on how I made these, click HERE!
for the loaves:
- 1 & 1/2 cups flour OR Kodiak Cakes Cinnamon Oat mix
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots
for the icing:
- 8 oz pack cream cheese, room temp
- 1 stick butter, room temp
- 2 & 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Add in apple sauce, eggs, coconut oil and almond milk.
- Mix together until smooth.
- Add raisins and carrots and carefully fold into batter until just combined.
- Grease a loaf pan, mini loaf pan or cupcake pan.
- Disperse the batter evenly, filling 3/4 with batter.
- Bake at 350 – times vary:
- for the mini loaves: 18-20 minutes
- full size loaf: 45-50 minutes
- cupcakes: 12-15 minutes
- Make the icing! Combine cream cheese and butter in a bowl.
- With an electric mixer, beat until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Add vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Once your loaves, loaf or cupcakes are cooled, top with icing, sprinkles, etc.