i was experimenting with replacing some of the flour with almond flour in this recipe, which i’ve never done before, and it totally 100% made the best pumpkin muffin i’ve ever made in my life! you’ll want to grab yourself a bag of almond flour and make these ASAP!
recipe: (makes 12 muffins)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons almond milk
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- in a large bowl, combine all-purpose flour, almond flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, salt and brown sugar.
- whisk dry ingredients until combined.
- add maple syrup, pumpkin, egg, vanilla extract, almond milk and melted butter.
- whisk batter until lumps are just gone and mixture is smooth.
- gently fold in chocolate chips.
- grease and fill muffin tins 3/4 full – add a few more mini chocolate chips on top of each!
- bake for 12-15 minutes or until toothpick comes clean.
- let cool (or don’t) and enjoy!