who knew it was national waffle day?! i decided to make a SAVORY waffle – and I had black olives on hand. RAISE YOUR HANDS if you love black olives!! i feel like olives are a love/hate thing. you either love em, or you hate em. ANYWAY, you really don’t need olives to make this recipes, you just use your favorite pizza toppings… inside a WAFFLE.
- 1/4 cup Kodiak Cakes buttermilk mix
- 1 egg
- about 2 Tablespoons of each topping – or fillings in this case
- artichoke hearts
- black olives
- pepperoni, diced
- mozzarella cheese
- salt & pepper
- add milk or water, to the consistency you want it (but don’t make it too thin!)
- marinara for dipping – I used Raos (the best marinara!)
- mix all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- cook until browned in a waffle iron.
- for EXTRA crispiness, add more cheese before you close the waffle iron 😉
- dip in marinara and enjoy!