I’ve seen the ‘egg roll in a bowl’ recipe everywhere on pinterest and Instagram – so I decided to create my own! I added a delicious twist by drizzling my bowl with a sweet chili aioli because you always have to dip an egg roll in some sort of sauce – whether it be duck sauce, spicy mustard or sweet chili sauce!
- 1lb ground chicken or pork
- 1lb coleslaw mix
- 1 bag bean sprouts
- 1 Tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha
- sweet chili aioli – 1:1 mayonnaise & sweet chili sauce (store bought) + Sriracha to taste
- bunch green onions, sliced thin
- olive oil, salt & pepper
- sesame seeds for topping
- brown rice
- In a large pot on medium-high heat, drizzle olive oil and add garlic and ground chicken.
- Stir occasionally until chicken is browned, then add soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, rice vinegar, Sriracha, and ginger and stir to combine.
- Add coleslaw and bean sprouts – you may want to add in batches because it looks like a lot but it will cook down!
- Once the cabbage is cooked down and wilted, add half the green onions and stir.
- In a small bowl, mix together ingredients to make sweet chili aioli. Add as much Sriracha as you like – as spicy as you want it.
- Serve with brown rice and top with green onions, sesame seeds and sweet chili aioli.