I decided to turn banana bread into donuts! There’s something so satisfying about making your own desserts – it’s even more fun to eat them when you create them yourself. Cover these donuts and chocolate frosting and you have yourself a delicious treat!
for the donuts:
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 & 1/4 cups Kodiak Cakes buttermilk mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
for the frosting:
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, melted over a double boiler
- half and half – for consistency
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add mashed bananas, egg and vanilla.
- Mix together until combined.
- Add brown sugar and mix.
- Add Kodiak Cakes mix and baking powder and mix until mixture is smooth.
- Add melted butter and mix until combined.
- Grease a donut pan and fill 3/4 the way full with batter.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until toothpick comes clean.
- Let donuts cool on a cooling rack – meanwhile make the frosting.
- In a medium-size bowl, mix butter. melted chocolate and vanilla together.
- Add powdered sugar and cocoa powder and mix – adding half and half until mixture is smooth – not watery and not too thick. (You want to be able to dip the donuts in the frosting)
- When donuts are cool, dip them into the frosting and use a knife to coat the whole top of the donut.
- Add sprinkles and ENJOY!