I feel like I always say this.. but this may be the best thing I’ve ever made. I just happen to love ALL sweets though… I’m not kidding when I say that these smelled like straight cinnamon rolls coming out of the oven. Nothing is better than that smell.
Click HERE for a video on how to make these!
for the dough:
- 1 & 1/2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 & 1/2 cups Kodiak Cakes Cinnamon Oat mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
for the cinnamon filling:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- splash vanilla
for the cream cheese icing:
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- splash vanilla
- Using an electric mixer, combine butter and brown sugar and mix.
- Add egg and vanilla then mix until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Add Kodiak Cakes Cinnamon Oat mix and baking soda in about 2 increments, mixing after each addition.
- Roll the dough into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, make the cinnamon filling – in a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and melted butter.
- Mix until smooth and set aside.
- Make your cream cheese icing – in a small bowl, combine butter and cream cheese and mix until smooth.
- Add vanilla and powdered sugar in about 3 increments, mixing after each addition and mix until creamy and smooth.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and place on a floured surface.
- Roll the dough out into a square until it’s about 1/2 inch thick.
- Spread your cinnamon mixture evenly over the dough.
- Carefully roll up as you would cinnamon rolls.
- Wrap your log of dough in plastic wrap and chill once again for about 30 minutes.
- Slice your cookies – about 1 inch thick – and place them on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes – they will expand and be big cookies, but who doesn’t like a big cookie?!
- Let cookies cool, then add your cream cheese icing to a piping bag.
- Drizzle icing over each cookie and serve!
Yield: 24 cookies
Nutrition (1 cookie): 266 calories, 11g fat, 34g fat, 3g fiber, 20g sugar, 8g protein