Can I just quickly say how much I LOVE poblano peppers? Peppers and onions in general are so tasty to add to anything, but poblano peppers have a slight smoky flavor.. which makes me like them a bit more. I roasted some poblano peppers and onions and added them to my chicken tacos. This recipe is super simple and includes an easy clean up 😉 YAY!
To see a full video on how this recipe is made.. visit my YouTube channel HERE!
- 3 large chicken breasts, cubed
- 4 poblano peppers, sliced thin
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced thin
- small mozzarella balls
- cayenne pepper
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- corn tortillas
- In a large bowl, add your peppers and onions.
- Drizzle with olive oil and add salt & pepper.
- Toss to coat.
- Bake at 350 until peppers are tender – about 15-20 minutes.
- Season your chicken with salt, pepper, paprika, cumin and cayenne. (I approximated my seasonings, but don’t add too much cayenne if you don’t like your food that spicy!)
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and brown on all sides.
- Add chicken to the pan with the peppers and onions and spread evenly.
- Add your mozzarella balls and bake until cheese is melted.
- Serve on tortillas with salsa, queso, cilantro, etc. (whatever toppings you love!)