My secret ingredient? Cauliflower. But isn’t cauliflower the secret ingredient in pretty much every “healthy” recipe nowadays? I guess it’s not so secret anymore! But really… I used whipped cauliflower for HALF the alfredo sauce in this recipe. So instead of filling your belly with a bunch of cheese and heavy cream, you’ll be replacing half of that with cauliflower.. but you can’t taste it 🙂
Click HERE for a video of the recipe!
- 1 box Banza linguine
- 1lb shrimp, raw, peeled and deveined (tail on or off – your choice!)
- 1/2 bag frozen cauliflower
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes, from a jar and liquid drained
- about 1 cup Raos alfredo sauce (estimated)
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup white wine or white cooking wine
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- parsley, garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add your Banza linguine and cook according to instructions.
- Steam frozen cauliflower in a large pot or microwave until very soft.
- Add steamed cauliflower to a blender, add a little bit of water until it blends easily and blend until smooth.
- Add your sun-dried tomatoes – blend until mostly smooth.. you want to see small chunks of the tomato – set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the shrimp in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Make sure your shrimp is thawed if it was frozen, and pat dry.
- Season with salt, pepper, paprika and cayenne pepper.
- Drizzle olive oil in the heated pan and place shrimp season-side down.
- Season the other side of the shrimp and cook for about 2 minute per side until browned.
- Place shrimp on a plate and set aside.
- Deglaze your pan with white wine or white cooking wine – about 1/4 cup.
- Add cooked pasta to the pan, then add alfredo sauce and blended cauliflower and sun-dried tomato mixture.
- Toss pasta until coated and serve with shrimp and garnish with fresh parsley or fresh herbs of choice.