This is a delicious recipe that can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner! I pair my potato hash with a runny egg. You can absolutely substitute out regular potatoes if you’re not a fan of the sweet potato, but I just happen to love them! The key to this recipe is to have everything diced small – the sweet potato has to be cut into small chunks.. the texture of the dish counts on it!
- 3 large sweet potatoes, diced small
- 2 green peppers, seeds removed and diced
- 2 red onions, diced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh thyme, 1 Tbsp for garnish
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup, optional (I LOVE maple syrup with anything breakfast so I decided to drizzle a little bit in at the end – it’s SO good!!)
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place diced sweet potato on a large baking sheet, spreading evenly.
- Drizzle olive oil, salt & pepper on the sweet potato, mixing around until all is coated.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until sweet potato is tender.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat.
- Drizzle about 1 Tablespoon of olive oil and add your diced pepper and onion.
- Add salt & pepper and cook until onion is translucent.
- Add roasted sweet potato to your skillet, combine and cook until sweet potato has a nice brown char.
- Add 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme, cayenne and drizzle of maple syrup.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and add the rest of the thyme for garnish.
- Serve & enjoy!