These meatballs are seriously DELICIOUS! They are made up of ground chicken and a bunch of vegetables. You can honestly use whatever vegetables you want, but I used onion, carrots and spinach. Shredded zucchini would be amazing as well, I just didn’t have any at the time. Use whatever is in your fridge!! You also can substitute the ground chicken for turkey or lean ground beef. The thing I love most about these meatballs is that they are literally made up of 50% chicken and 50% vegetables. YUM!
- 1 & 1/2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 bag frozen spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- seasonings of choice – I used simply organic all purpose seasoning
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all of your ground chicken in a large bowl.
- Add shredded carrots, diced onion and spinach and mix until combined – I put a plastic glove on and used my hand, the easiest most efficient way!
- Add mozzarella cheese, bread crumbs, salt & pepper and seasonings.
- Mix again until combined.
- Roll into balls about 1 & 1/2 inch thick.
- In a large skillet, add a drizzle of olive oil.
- In batches, brown meatballs until browned on all sides and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Once all meatballs are browned, place them in your preheated oven for about 20 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove from oven and serve with pasta and tomato sauce, eat with ketchup (it’s amazing) or make a sandwich!
- Store the rest of your meatballs in a sealed container for about a week in your fridge.