These were such a hit at the ugly sweater party I went to last weekend. It’s a holiday twist on a classic dessert!
- 1 box chocolate rice cereal
- 1 bag marshmallows
- 1 stick butter
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 bar peppermint bark (I used Ghirardelli), chopped
- white candy melts (I get these at AC Moore or Joann Fabrics)
- holiday sprinkles
- In a large sauce pan, melt your stick of butter.
- Once melted, add your bag of marshmallows and continuously stir until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Add peppermint extract and mix until combined.
- In a large bowl, add the rice cereal.
- Pour marshmallow mixture into the bowl with rice cereal and carefully mix until all the cereal is coated.
- Add your chopped peppermint bark and stir until evenly combined.
- Pour rice krispy mixture onto a sheet pan and spread it out about 1 inch thick.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes, then cut your squares. (it’s easier to cut when they’re still a bit soft!)
- Melt the white candy melts over a double broiler.
- Once melted, transfer to a piping bag or use a spoon and drizzle over the rice krispy treats.
- Add your sprinkles right away so they stick to the chocolate.
- Place in the freezer until chocolate hardens.