A Buddha bowl can be made up of anything you want! I made falafel for the first time successfully – YAY! What is falafel you might ask? Falafel is made of ground chickpeas and spices. They could also contain any vegetable you like. I used chickpeas and Wild Friends Honey Sunflower Butter to make these tiny patties. They are typically fried, but I baked these! Yummy and healthy.
Recipe: (makes 12 small patties)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons Wild Friends Honey Sunflower Butter OR tahini
- 2 Tablespoons ground flaxseed + 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper
- 2 Tablespoons whole wheat flour
- sesame seeds
- hemp seeds, for topping
- Anything you want to fill your bowl with: zucchini ribbons, kimchi, shredded carrots, ranch – I mixed mine with beet juice to make it pink!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Let ground flaxseed and warm water soak in a bowl for about 5 minutes.
- Place everything except sesame seeds and flour into a food processor and pulse until mixture forms a ball.
- Remove mixture from the food processor and place into a bowl.
- Mix in flour and form little patties.
- Roll each patty lightly in sesame seeds.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, then flip and bake another 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Make your Buddha bowl with anything you like 🙂 and top with falafel and hemp seeds!