Everything’s more fun to eat when you eat it out of a pineapple! Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner, so I made a chicken fajita bowl… in a pineapple. SO FUN!
- 1 pack chicken breasts (3 breasts)
- 1 packet Simply Organic Fajita Seasoning
- 1 whole pineapple, cut in half
- 4 peppers, sliced (I used 2 orange, 1 green, 1 yellow)
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 limes
- 2 avocados, sliced
- olive oil
- Remove the pineapple from the skin, throw away the core and dice the rest – save the hallowed out skin for your bowl!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sliced peppers & onions onto a large baking sheet.
- Sprinkle about half of the fajita seasoning over the peppers and onions and drizzle about 2 Tablespoons olive oil on top.
- Mix until all peppers and onions
- Place the peppers & onions in the oven and roast for about 15-20 minutes, mixing halfway through.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat with about 2 Tablespoons olive oil.
- Season one side of each chicken breast and lay seasoned side down into the skillet
- Brown the first side (about 3 minutes), then before turning over, season the other side of the chicken.
- Turn chicken breasts over and brown the second side (about 3 more minutes).
- Lower the heat and squeeze the juice of 1 lime into the pan over the chicken and cover for about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the skillet and let sit 10 minutes before cutting.
- Cut the chicken into thin slices.
- Now assemble your bowls – peppers and onions, fajita grilled chicken, avocado, diced pineapple, lime, and cilantro!