This was actually my first time making enchiladas. I’m not sure why, but I always thought an enchilada recipe was way more complicated, but it definitely wasn’t! It was one of the easiest recipes I’ve ever made. This recipe requires very little cooking time because I used a rotisserie chicken! All you have to do is put everything together and let the cheese melt in the oven. YUM! I used one of my favorite brands – The Better Bean Co! I love these beans because they come ready to eat, warm or cold, they’re super simple to add to any recipe, and they’re SO tasty!
Recipe: (serves 4-5)
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken, meat removed and shredded
- 2 cans green or red enchilada sauce (I used one of each)
- juice from one lime
- 3 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup Better Bean Co chipotle red beans
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used a mix of cheddar and monterey jack)
- 8 corn tortillas
- lime wedges, garnish
- ¼ cup diced tomato, garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a skillet to medium-high heat and add shredded chicken.
- Add about ¼ cup of each of the enchilada sauces and 2 Tablespoons cilantro to the chicken and mix until warm.
- In a 9×5 pan, add ½ of each enchilada sauces and coat the bottom of the pan with a spoon.
- Fill each corn tortilla with about 2 Tablespoons red beans, and 2 Tablespoons of chicken.
- Carefully wrap each tortilla – it should just close up!
- Place the wrapped tortilla seam side down into the sauce. (my pan fit 6, then I cooked the other two in another pan – but you can use a bigger pan!)
- After all your tortillas are rolled up and in the baking dish, add the rest of each sauce on top.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of the sauce.
- Bake for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Switch your oven to broil and watch carefully until cheese bubbles and browns slightly.
- Remove your enchiladas from the oven and sprinkle with the rest of your cilantro and chopped tomato.