This burrito is the prefect blend of flavor… Believe it or not, I think the basil MAKES it! There’s nothing hard about making this, either. It’s all about putting the right flavors and textures together with this recipe. You may have everything in your fridge as we speak!
Recipe: (makes 3-4 burritos)
- 1 package bacon (I used Applegate Sunday Bacon)
- 1 avocado, sliced thin
- 1 cup kale
- 8 leaves fresh basil
- 4 eggs plus 4 egg whites
- sweet potato crinkle fries (I used Alexia Foods sweet potato fries – about two servings for 4 burritos)
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 4 wraps (I used Tumaro’s Wraps – Cracked Black Pepper flavor)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the bacon on a skillet until crispy.
- Once bacon is crisp, place on a paper towel and let cool slightly.
- Scramble your eggs & egg whites – add salt & pepper to taste.
- Melt cheddar cheese on top of scrambled eggs and set aside.
- Warm wraps and begin to assemble burritos.
- Place 1/4 of the kale down first, then add 2 leaves basil, 1/4 of scrambled eggs+ cheese, 2-3 slices of bacon, 1/4 avocado, and 1/4 of the sweet potato fries.
- Carefully roll up each burrito and slice in half.