Recently featured on the Pure Barre Blog.
This is the kind of vegetable bowl that you will want to eat everyday for lunch! Making a whole batch of roasted vegetables is super easy and is great to do before the workweek. All you have to do is put everything into a bowl and eat it when you’re ready! Healthy meal prepping has never been this easy. I topped this roasted vegetable & grain bowl with a lemon & honey tahini dressing. This bowl is nutritious and satisfying at the same time. Another great thing about this recipe is that you can use whatever vegetables you like! Feel free to use broccoli, zucchini, eggplant, etc. Roasting is all the same, but times may vary for each vegetable.
Recipe: (makes 5 bowls – for the week!)
- 3 parsnips, peeled and chopped into “fries”
- 1 2lb. bag rainbow carrots, peeled and chopped into 1-inch “coins”
- 10 radishes, thinly sliced
- olive oil
- 2 avocados, diced or sliced thin
- 5 servings brown rice
- lemon & honey tahini dressing
- ½ cup sesame tahini
- juice from 1 lemon
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- fresh chopped parsley, garnish
- additional spices – turmeric, paprika, garlic powder, etc.
- Cook rice according to package.
- Set the rice aside and let it cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Assemble all the vegetables on a roasting pan.
- Drizzle olive oil over vegetables and add whatever seasonings you prefer! (I used turmeric, salt and pepper for my parsnips and garlic powder, thyme, salt and pepper for my carrots).
- Use your hands to coat all the vegetables in the olive oil and spices.
- Once coated, roast in the oven for about 20 minutes or until vegetables are as tender as you like them.
- Combine all the ingredients for the lemon & honey tahini dressing in a small bowl.
- Whisk dressing until smooth and combined.
- Assemble bowls in separate containers for the week or for lunch right now!
- Place rice at the bottom of the bowl, then add carrots, parsnips, radishes, avocado, drizzle over lemon & honey tahini and garnish with fresh parsley.