I made this creation for a contest that Purely Elizabeth was hosting on Instagram – Creative Oats Contest! I took an oatmeal cup, and made it into a latte. How cute?!?
- 1 Purely Elizabeth oatmeal cup OR 1/2 cup instant oats
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup foamed milk (I actually used regular 1% milk for the foam – it works better! I have a milk steamer. You don’t have to used foamed milk – totally optional)
- 1 shot espresso
- toppings: granola, slivered almonds, cinnamon, etc.
- In a small sauce pan, combine oatmeal, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Cook until oatmeal is thick and creamy, stirring frequently.
- Transfer oatmeal to a mug.
- Top oatmeal with shot of espresso, foamed milk, and toppings.
- Sip, sip, scoop! Enjoy!