You know crunch bars? They remind me of the candy you get on Halloween. Well, I made a healthier, simpler version using only 5 ingredients; one of the ingredients being Wild Friends Vanilla Espresso Almond Butter.
Recipe: (makes 8-10 bars)
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/3 cup Wild Friends Vanilla Espresso Almond Butter
- 1 Cup chocolate (or regular) rice cereal
- slivered almonds, for topping
- In a double broiler, melt chocolate chips, almond utter, and coconut oil until smooth – set a small amount aside for drizzling later!
- Add rice cereal to melted chocolate mixture and mix together until coated.
- Spread mixture out evenly in a small rectangular pan or cookie sheet (about 1 inch thick.)
- Freeze for 20-30 minutes.
- Slice into bars, drizzle with the rest of the chocolate mixture and add almonds.
- Freeze bars for another 10 minutes.
- Serve & enjoy!
Note: make sure you store these in a cool place – coconut oil melts at 75 degrees! These can be messy if they’re stored in a warm place. I just keep them in my fridge or freezer 🙂