These muffins… Tumeric is my new favorite. I know everyone is pretty much already obsessed with tumeric, but it took me a little bit to get use to the flavor. Tumeric is a spice that has many benefits for your body. It has powerful antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory effects. All the reason to add it to… everything.
- 1 cup Kodiak Cakes Powercakes mix
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon tumeric
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 & 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine Kodiak Cakes mix, flaxseed, oatmeal, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, tumeric, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Whisk dry ingredients until combined.
- In a separate bowl, add almond milk, egg, vanilla extract and whisk until smooth and combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, mixing until combined.
- Add melted coconut oil and whisk until smooth.
- Fill cupcake liners about 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until toothpick or knife comes out clean.
- Let cool and enjoy! Add to yogurt, top with peanut butter, or eat it alone. 🙂