I’ve always wanted to make my own slice and bake cookies.. you know the cookies you get with the pumpkins for Halloween or the hearts for Valentine’s Day? I decided to make Christmas tree slice and bakes! They’re not really that hard to make, they’re just a little bit time consuming. But it’s fun… and time flies when you’re having fun! 🙂
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup Wild Friends sugar cookie peanut butter
- 1 & 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 & 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add peanut butter, vanilla extract and egg and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in about 3 increments and mix until combined.
- Take about 2/3 of the dough and put it in a separate bowl.
- With the remaining dough, add green food dye and mix until all of the batter is a nice even green.
- Remove green dough onto a floured surface and roll it flat, about 1 inch thick.
- Begin cutting out Christmas tree shapes and stack them about 5 trees high, placing on parchment paper onto a baking sheet.
- Once you’re finished with all the green dough, place the stacks of tree shapes in the freezer for about 20 minutes until firm.
- Remove from freezer and begin covering the trees with white colored dough until evenly covered on all sides.
- Once that is done with all stacks of green trees, roll into sprinkles and place back in the freezer to firm up (20-3 minutes).
- Carefully slice cookies (about 1/2 inch thick) and place onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Place on a cooling rack to cool.
- Serve and enjoy!