Eggnog seems like something that you either love or hate.. but I happen to LOVE eggnog. I decided to make this milkshake dairy free by using Califia Farms Holiday Nog made with almond milk and SoDelicious vanilla almond milk ice cream. Then I added whipped cream and a soft & chewy gingerbread cookie on top which totally doesn’t make it dairy free… oops.
Recipe: (serves 2)
- 1 & 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract (optional)
- whipped cream & gingerbread cookies for topping (optional)
- put ice cream, eggnog, nutmeg, cinnamon and rum extract into a blender
- blend until smooth
- divide milkshake between two glasses
- add toppings!