Okay, let me just take a moment of silence for this delicious dish… because it’s THAT good. I used Seeds of Change grains.. the grains that come in little pouches with about two servings in each. You just microwave them to cook! I love making recipes using brands I love and these grains make it super easy to make a delicious bake. Just add your cheese sauce, some herbs and spices and you’re good to go! Serve it as a side at your Thanksgiving table… you’ll have people diving in for seconds!
Recipe: (serves 4-6)
- 2 pouches Seeds of Change Quinoa and Brown Rice
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1 cup grated gruyere plus about 1/4 cup for topping
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- about 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook Seeds of Change grains according to packages.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter.
- Once butter is melted, add flour and whisk until a paste forms.
- Add milk and whisk until mixture becomes thick – about 2-3 minutes).
- Add grated gruyere and rosemary and whisk until smooth.
- Add quinoa & brown rice and mix with a spoon until incorporated.
- Spread mixture evenly into a casserole dish.
- Top with panko bread crumbs and the rest of gruyere.
- Drizzle olive oil on top.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes or until the top is golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from oven, garnish with rosemary and serve!