Welcome to the start of my Countdown to Thanksgiving! We have exactly one week until turkey day, so I’m posting one recipe a day until Monday of next week – so you still have time to go out and shop! I also hope to go a little outside the box with these recipes, so some of them are not traditionally served on Thanksgiving, but have a fall flare to them – like this one! So, I’m starting with an appetizer 🙂
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 cloves garlic
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh sage, roughly chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Pour chickpeas in a food processor and pulse until it resembles fine crumbs.
- Add pumpkin puree, tahini, garlic cloves, lemon juice, olive oil, cinnamon, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, and sage and pulse until smooth.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with more olive oil and fresh sage.
- Serve with sweet potato tortilla chips or any chip you prefer! (cinnamon sugar pita chips perhaps?) Hope your guests enjoy!!