One of the reasons why I love zucchini bread is that it always comes out so moist! Every time I bake with zucchini I’m never disappointed. I added some spices including cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves to give these muffins an autumn-y taste! I also used some coconut sugar, which is lower in glycemic index. This means that it doesn’t spike your blood sugar as high as regular sugar!
- 2 cups Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes Mix
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 & ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 medium-size zucchini, shredded
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix Kodiak Cakes mix, whole-wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, brown sugar, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, coconut oil, and almond milk until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients in about 3 increments, mixing after each addition.
- Place a small towel in a large bowl and add the shredded zucchini into the towel.
- Fold the towel over the zucchini – press down and squeeze the zucchini so a lot of the liquid comes out and absorbs into the towel.
- Fold the zucchini to the batter.
- Fill cupcake liners with batter – about ¾ full.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until knife or toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and serve!