Let me start this post off by saying… you can make ice cream with frozen bananas ALONE. Yup. The texture of blended frozen bananas is basically like soft serve ice cream. I happen to love bananas! I love them with peanut butter, chocolate, banana pancakes, caramelized banana, banana splits…. Anyways, so I made banana ice cream. This recipe is gluten free! I gave the ice cream some texture by adding Purely Elizabeth’s new Maple Walnut Probiotic granola and also a dash of pure maple syrup for more sweetness.
RECIPE: (makes 3-4 servings)
- 4 large or 6 small frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk (I used unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cup Maple Walnut granola (or whatever granola brand you prefer)
- using a blender (I used my vitamix), blend bananas and almond milk until smooth
- add vanilla and maple syrup and blend until incorporated
- pour ice cream into a loaf pan (just more convenient to put in the freezer, you can use any bowl)
- mix in granola and flatten the surface using a spoon
- freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight
- serve in a bowl or on a cone! (not GF if on a cone)
- happy almost summer!!