These are basically a healthier version of Nutella brownies… with just 5 ingredients! I used Justin’s chocolate hazelnut butter which has less than HALF the sugar of regular Nutella. (9g vs. 21g per serving – WOW!) I also used Kodiak Cakes dark chocolate flavor to add more protein to this recipe. I love Kodiak Cakes because you can really bake anything with their mixes, not only pancakes and waffles. Top these with more melty chocolate hazelnut butter and they’re a DREAM!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Justin’s chocolate hazelnut butter
- 1 cup dark chocolate Kodiak Cakes mix
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter and hazelnut butter together
- Once smooth, add brown sugar and mix
- Once sugar is dissolved, pour into a larger bowl
- Add almond milk and whisk until smooth
- Add dark chocolate Kodiak Cakes to wet ingredients in about 3 increments, whisking after each addition until JUST combined – try to avoid over mixing
- Grease a brownie pan with non-stick spray and pour mix into it
- Bake for about 15 minutes – I under-baked these so they would be super gooey, and this recipe has no egg so you don’t have to worry about eating raw eggs!
- Let cool, or don’t