It’s almost Cinco de Mayo and you know that that means… MARGS! I absolutely love margaritas so I don’t need an excuse to drink them.. but I thought I would be creative and make a totally out-of-the-box flavor! In this cocktail, I used juices from blood orange and lime, pomegranate juice, CHAMPAGNE! (for the “sparkling”), tequila (of course), and Grand Marnier. Grand Marnier is my absolute favorite liquor. It tastes amazing and it warms your insides! 🙂 It also happens to go really well in a margarita.
RECIPE: (makes 2)
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces pomegranate juice
- 4 ounces fresh blood orange juice
- 4 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces grand marnier
- pomegranate seeds (garnish)
- fresh mint (garnish)
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar (optional – I don’t like my drinks too sweet, but you can add agave if you prefer 🙂 )
- add lime juice, blood orange juice, pomegranate juice, tequila, grand marnier, and agave nectar (if you choose) to a cocktail shaker with some ice
- shake until very cold
- fill two glasses with crushed ice
- distribute the margarita evenly between the two glasses
- top each glass off with champagne!
- garnish with pomegranate seeds and fresh mint
- happy drinking!