I have always loved oatmeal cookies, especially oatmeal raisin! I had a bag of Purely Elizabeth Apple Cinnamon Pecan oatmeal and thought… this would be soooo good in a cookie. So here we have just that! I also used Kodiak Cakes superfood pancake mix to make these instead of flour – more nutrients! These cookies are thin and chewy… delicious!
- 1 & 1/2 cup Kodiak Cakes superfood mix
- 1 cup Purely Elizabeth Apple Cinnamon Pecan oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup(1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- with an electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar until smooth and fluffy
- add vanilla and egg and mix until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula
- in a separate bowl, add Kodiak Cakes mix, oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and whisk together
- add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in about 3 increments, mixing well after each addition
- using a mini ice cream scoop or small spoon, scoop dough onto a greased cookie sheet (about 1 tablespoon for each cookie)
- bake for 10-12 minutes or until sides become slightly browned
- remove from the oven and let sit for a minute – if you try to move them too fast, they will fall apart!
- then cool on a cooling rack and enjoy 🙂 YUM!