Recently featured on the Balanced Planet Yoga blog – click to read more about how you can balance what you eat with who are you!
I seriously love adding avocado in my egg salad. It’s not only better for you than mayonnaise, but I think it tastes way better as well – and I really don’t like mayo very much… it’s just not my thing. Avocado, however, I LOVE. I also added some dijon mustard for a little kick.
Avocado Egg Salad (serves 2)
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ avocado
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose garlic and herb seasoning OR ½ teaspoon dried thyme, ½ teaspoon dried parsley, and ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- place the eggs in a medium size sauce pan and fill with water until eggs are just covered
- cover the pan, place burner on high and wait for water to boil
- once water is boiled, turn off the heat and remove the pot from heat
- keeping the pot COVERED, let sit for 15 minutes
- remove eggs from water and let cool
- once eggs are cooled, peel the shell off
- dice eggs and add them to a mixing bowl
- in a separate bowl, add avocado, dijon mustard, chives, garlic and herb seasoning, salt, and pepper
- mix until smooth, making sure avocado is mostly mashed
- add eggs and mix together
- serve on whole grain toast or eat alone!