I’ve decided to start something new on my blog and it’s called Smoothie Saturdays! I’ve been getting really into smoothie bowls lately – particularly because they can be SO pretty with colors… and taste pretty (VERY) good as well! Smoothies are super easy to make. They can contain a lot of ingredients or very little – like this one! Sometimes I use frozen acai or pitaya packets to add extra nutrients, you can use avocado to make it super creamy, or use frozen banana like I did here.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- toppings: sliced banana, kiwi, strawberries, blueberries pomegranate, honey, chia seeds, etc.
- place frozen banana, raspberries, and almond milk into a blender
- blend until smooth – if too thick add more almond milk
- pour into a bowl and top with toppings
and THAT’S IT! SO easy. Just make sure you have your bananas frozen (without the peel! I’ve frozen bananas with the peel before – so silly!) and you have frozen bananas whenever you need them. MMM! Start your day fresh and delicious!