I found this new seasonal flavor of Siggi’s yogurt – my favorite yogurt ever! – at Whole Foods. SPICED APPLE!
I still had some apples left from when I went apple picking last weekend, so I decided to make use of them in an apple pancake. But not just any apple pancake. I added some Purely Elizabeth pumpkin & fig granola to it for the crisp. It was honestly the best idea I’ve had ever! The pancake was moist and fluffy with bits of apple while the granola added a nice crunch. Plus, it’s perfect for fall!
RECIPE: (makes 5 medium pancakes)
- 3/4 cup Kodiak Cakes mix
- 2 tablespoons oats – I used old fashioned
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons spiced apple Siggi’s yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 small apple, diced – I used a McIntosh
- 1/4 cup granola – I used Purely Elizabeth pumpkin & fig granola
- pinch of salt
- mix everything except granola in a large bowl
- on medium heat, cook pancakes 2 or 3 at a time
- once bubbles form, sprinkle some granola on top of each pancake and flip carefully
- cook on the other side until golden brown
- serve, granola side up, with maple syrup
- repeat with second batch
- enjoy the taste of fall!