First of all, let me just say… NAAN IS MY NEW FAVORITE THING! It’s like… a flatbread but more doughy… I don’t even have the words. I made this pizza just to try it out.. but I combined some interesting flavors. I added peaches and prosciutto (sweet and salty) and then combined these flavors with some creamy ricotta and grated mozzarella! I finished it off with some fresh basil. By adding some garlic and olive oil to this (already) fantastic combination, it gives you a variety of flavors that marry perfectly together! Did I mention this took be less than 15 minutes to make? Yeah. Fact.
note: nectarines work too!
- 1 frozen naan (got a pack of 4 at Whole Foods and keep it in my freezer until I need it)
- 3 cherry tomatoes (i used a combination of red and yellow)
- 4 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella
- garlic powder
- 1 slice prosciutto
- 1 small peach or nectarine, thinly sliced
- preheat oven to 400 degrees
- defrost the frozen naan for about 10-15 seconds in the microwave until it becomes slightly softer
- spread olive oil evenly over the top
- sprinkle some garlic powder over the olive oil, however garlic-y you like your food!
- add ricotta and spread evenly over the top
- add grated mozzarella
- add peaches and tomatoes
- break up the prosciutto into smaller pieces and spread out over pizza
- add half of the fresh basil
- bake on a baking sheet for about 10 minutes until crust gets browned and cheese is bubbly
- add the other half of fresh basil
- slice and enjoy!