I have found a way to make a dip without mayonnaise or sour cream! I substituted these ingredients with plain yogurt. Although I did add yogurt, it’s not much. I made this dip with mostly artichoke without much filler.
Artichoke is also one of my favorite vegetables! It’s tasty and also has many health benefits:
- High in fiber, good for digestive health
- Provides many vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, vitamin K, potassium and magnesium
- Helps reduce blood pressure by neutralizing the effects of excess sodium
- Improves overall health of the liver
- Reduces levels of bad cholesterol (LDL)
All the more reason to make this delicious dip!
- 2 cans of artichoke bottoms
- ¼ cup plain Siggi’s yogurt
- 1 can artichoke hearts, diced
- 1 can chopped spinach
- ¼ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place artichoke bottoms, yogurt, and garlic in a blender
- blend until smooth – you may need to add some liquid to make it easier to blend – you can add some of the liquid from the can of artichokes or a splash of water
- place mixture into a medium sauce pan
- add chopped spinach, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese
- heat on medium heat and stir until all the cheese is melted and dip is warm
- add diced artichoke hearts and blend
- transfer to a serving bowl
- serve with pita chips, tortilla chips, carrots, cucumbers, etc.
Note: you can make this ahead of time – just reheat in the oven before serving!