when i think of watermelon, i think of summer! it really is the perfect summer fruit because it’s so refreshing, tasty, and sweet. so i bought a watermelon and started cutting it up. and then i had a brilliant idea! why not put this in a margarita?! it puts a perfect twist on a margarita for summer!
RECIPE: (makes 4 margaritas)
- 4 cups frozen watermelon cubes (i just cut up watermelon, put it in a tupperware, and froze it overnight)
- 6 oz tequila (i used 1800 silver)
- 4 oz fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- blend in a blender until smooth (i used a vitamix – it crushes up the ice really well – a ninja would work really well too!)
- garnish with a lime and serve immediately